GU group reference projects: Historic buildings

Reset filterNo references found

Search area

New Town Hall Munich

The New Town Hall at Marienplatz in Munich is the seat of the Lord Mayor, the City Council and the headquarters of the city administration. In 2018, in the course of improving the structural fire protection, existing windows were refurbished as openings for smoke extraction in main staircases.

Details
New Town Hall Munich
© Steffen Flor

Historical Gymnasium, Rietberg

The gymnasium in Rietberg from 1892 dominates the historic townscape. This sports facility, the oldest in the district of Gütersloh, is now a listed building and has been renovated and upgraded to meet future energy-efficiency requirements. The new timber windows with insulating laminated glass replicate their historic predecessors.

Details
Historical Gymnasium, Rietberg
Town of Rietberg

City hall of Düren

The late Gothic town hall of Düren was completely destroyed in the Second World War. The tendering for the reconstruction of the town centre which was largely destroyed also included the construction of a new city hall which was opened in January 1959.

Details
City hall of Düren
Gretsch-Unitas

Frankfurt Old Town – Urban Renewal

35 houses – 15 reconstructions and 20 new buildings – were erected on the historical parcels of land in the old town destroyed during the Second World War. Streets such as the famous Krönungsweg (Coronation Route) between the Dom (Frankfurt Cathedral) and Römer (old town centre) or the "Hinter dem Lämmchen" lane can be freely accessed once again since May 2018.

Details
Frankfurt Old Town – Urban Renewal
© DomRömer GmbH / Uwe Dettmar

Flora

The former Palm House, was built in 1863 in the symmetrically planned botanical garden in Cologne. Originally built according to the vision of a "glass palace", the Flora was destroyed during the war and a series of conversions followed.

Details
Flora
Uwe Aranas

Kulturhaus Aue

The protected monument Kulturhaus Aue (known as the Erzgebirge District Cultural Centre since 2008) was built in the 1950s by SDAG Wismut, a mining company with a core workforce of around 45,000 employees, and was initially used by the organisation as an arts and leisure centre.

Details
Kulturhaus Aue
Gretsch-Unitas