With its three subsidiaries, the Westfalenhallen Unternehmensgruppe GmbH operates one of the best-known event centres in Germany. As the trade fair venue in Westphalia, the Westfalenhallen Unternehmensgruppe GmbH helps to determine the North Rhine-Westphalian trade fair scene and, with its modern congress centre, hosts over 1,100 regional and national conferences and congresses every year.
In March 2019 the new north entrance of the Dortmund Trade Fair Centre was inaugurated.
The glass entrance hall is 14 metres high and has 4,500 square metres.
"This building is an anchor point for the strategic further development of the Dortmund exhibition centre," explained Sabine Loos, Managing Director of Westfalenhallen Dortmund GmbH.
"With its 4,500 square metres of transparent hall, the new entrance to the Westfalenhallen has become an eye-catcher that identifies Dortmund as a modern trade fair and congress location," said Lord Mayor Ullrich Sierau. "Dortmund and the Westfalenhallen Group of Companies are showing themselves from their attractive side with this million euro investment. The new face of Messe Dortmund radiates beyond the region". The new trade fair entrance brings a host of improvements for visitors, but also for exhibitors and organisers: uniform, barrier-free visitor guidance from the foyer into all major trade fair and event halls, contemporary and speedy visitor management thanks to modern technology and more quality of stay thanks to additional catering areas.
GU solution: Solutions for doors in escape and rescue routes
They were installed in 3 entrance areas:
- 10 emergency exit sliding doors (HM-F FT)
- 10 Escape route sliding doors (EM-F)
- 20 emergency exits secured as hinged doors with Schüco (BKS special escape door control unit) Escape route security system (integrated in door leaf), push bars and emergency door openers
Function of the sliding doors:
- Escape route
- The inner sliding doors serve as safety closure, hence the escape route sliding door with outbreak function HM-F FT, lockable with emergency opening function via FTNT Escape door control in control column
- Automatic opening when a fire alarm is triggered
- Automatic opening of the sliding doors when triggered by the fire brigade, SHEV backflow opening
- Central visitor control: All sliding doors can be switched to "automatic" or "open" mode via a central switch - necessary in case of heavy visitor traffic
Function of the swing doors:
- Escape route secured
- Activation via fire alarm system
- Activation locally at the door via the emergency button integrated in the door