GEMOS – produced by ela-soft, powered by BKS
GEMOS is the leading browser-based security information management and organisation system (PSIM). At the beginning of this year, the next evolutionary step towards the GEMOS 5 “Next Generation PSIM” will be completed.
GEMOS 5 marks a fundamental redesign of GEMOS PSIM (advanced physical security information system) from the core to the modular structure, new user interfaces (GUI) and master data management. This is also the biggest product overhaul in the history of our GEMOS family.
The previous performance features of GEMOS as a “security information management and organisation system" have been upgraded and innovative technologies have become an integral part, paving the way for the future.
GEMOS can now be run universally on the three leading browsers on the market: Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
Nowadays the threat posed by cyber attacks to sensitive data is very real. The IT and data security requirements for a networked physical security information management system that captures security-relevant data and controls critical security systems are exacting. GEMOS reflects state-of-the-art technology and is equipped with the necessary functions to respond to the threat situation that exists nowadays and the thematic complexity of "Cyber-Security".
ela-soft GmbH receives LenelS2 Factory Certification under the LenelS2 OpenAccess Alliance Program
ela-soft GmbH receives the LenelS2 certification for GEMOS version 4.6 and has thus joined the LenelS2 OpenAccess Alliance Programme (OAAP). GEMOS 4.6 has interfaces to the OnGuard® access control system and uses the proven ON-Guard APIs. The advantage for the user is that GEMOS automatically detects changes to devices in the OnGuard system and displays them in the GEMOS system. Thus, GEMOS remains synchronised in case of extensions or changes of the security structure.
The major modifications with GEMOS 5 are:
GEMOS Refactoring (structural improvement of source codes while maintaining the observable programme behaviour) of all core processes.
The three pillars of GEMOS security:
Encryption: TLS cryptologies 1.3 – AES256 to BSI
Integrity: Safe operation and attack security
Availability: GEMOS redundancy concept solutions
- GEMOS user authentication: Extensive support of security settings (password length/validity/complexity)
- GEMOS Mosaic: Powerful 4th generation of visualisation, usage and control
- GEMOS GUI Relaunch: Revision of the web-based user and operator interface while retaining free, individual and requirement-based design options
- GEMOS – platform independent: Possible to use operating systems such as Windows or Linux on servers and workstations
- GEMOS IPv6 ready: For “Next Generation” interfaces (manufacturer support
- GEMOS Video: Browser-based HTML5 video stream integration, e.g. on H.264 basis, from various leading video management systems (live, archive), or ONVIF compatible or RTSP compatible IP cameras. Control of PTZ cameras
- GEMOS – browser independent: Supports Microsoft Edge Chromium, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox
- GEMOS server independence of the modular GEMOS interfaces to the different sub-systems. Server-based central control (installation, system configuration, updates) by GEMOS distribution and remote control service
- Active directory authentication in GEMOS
- GEMOS HTTP/2: Improved speed, increased efficiency and security of data transmission
- GEMOS Web API: Possibility of independent development of GEMOS user interfaces by partners
- GEMOS SDK: Possibility of future independent development of GEMOS interfaces and GEMOS modules by partners
- GEMOS Geographic Information Systems (GIS): Supports mapping of fixed and dynamically acting sensors using GPS coordinates
Core functions for IT security in GEMOS
- TLS 1.3 - AES256 encryption is used as standard according to BSI specifications to safeguard communication between system components (server, workstations and GEMOS interfaces for example)
- Physical separation of GEMOS networks and customer networks
- Non platform-specific and non manufacturer-specific browser-based client application with highly-encrypted server connection (HTTPS)
- Server-side protection and monitoring of application configurations and data against unauthorised changes
- High-availability server solution for outstanding operating reliability and automatic changeover to backup systems
- Encryption of relational database with encryption standard AES256
- Regular IT security check by external bodies (penetration tests, security checks and independent certifications)
- Protection of relational database from unauthorised access
- Product LifeCycle Management
Available for/from: GEMOS PSIM, Version 5.0, Q2/2020
Of course all known functionalities and modules of the GEMOS 4 generation are included and the proven system will continue to be performed and supported.
Further modules, the latest interfaces, new strategic partnerships and a GEMOS Enterprise solution, which will define a new standard in the market, are part of the Roadmap 2021 and will be published successively.
Enterprise Edition of GEMOS
With the networked installation "Enterprise Edition" of GEMOS, security-relevant data from several company locations are collected and critical security systems are controlled.
GEMOS thus offers its enterprise customers technologically mature solutions for reliable fail-safe operation and automatic data transfer between sites for the reconciliation of alarm and event messages.
By orienting the system architecture towards redundancy scenarios and operational safety even in case of partial or total failure of individual system components, parts of the infrastructure or entire sites, the GEMOS Enterprise system ensures the permanent and continuous control and processing of operational and alarm messages.
With its intelligent functions, GEMOS generates a significant added value for enterprise applications with reduced administration efforts.