Broadway London, UK
The Broadway offers luxury apartments in a brand new enviable district, blending the historical heritage of Westminster with the modern life of a bustling city, the setting and design of the six distinctive towers introduces a new street, found at the heart of the quarter. This scintillating new neighbourhood offers a curated collection of retail and office spaces, leading to a colourful public square, with cafés and art, music and markets. This unique setting, fit for a modern and active city life, seamlessly blends working with shopping and dining with entertaining.
The buildings have been named after three of the world's most revered diamonds - The Sancy, The Paragon and The Cullinan - six new jewels in Westminster's crown.
The Broadway is an upcoming high profile scheme within Victoria redevelopment that transforms the former HQ New Scotland Yard into 258 apartments across six towers. The project includes the six residential buildings above two commercial podiums and additional retail unit to the north of the site.
This development, designed by Squire & Partners, expresses a transition between historic area to the north and the more contemporary architecture along Victoria Street.
Elevations feature six different patterns inspired by Art Deco and fashion, each with unique diamond shaped façades of highest quality. Its design has been wisely considered to incorporate materials typical of the area architecture as sandstone and brick.
The six residential blocks atop the podium are conceived to break up the former building mass and provide clear unrivalled views through and from the site towards the important neighbourhood of the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and Buckingham Palace.
- Structural silicone unitised glazed system
- Unitised capped glazed system
- Glazed stick curtain wall system
- Feature glazed units with expanded aluminium mesh
- Glazed balustrades
Squire and Partners is an architecture and design practice with experience spanning four decades. It employs over 150 architects and architectural assistants, in a friendly and inclusive office where hard work combines with a lively social life and strong team spirit.
Their award winning portfolio, includes masterplans, residential, workspace, retail, education and public buildings. In addition, it has a dedicated interior design department, which has created a number of bespoke product ranges. The practice spends considerable time researching and developing construction materials, which are capable of responding to and working with the environment.
The approach is focused on responding to context, sourcing the finest building materials and delivering a meticulously detailed product, always creating pieces of the city rather than standalone design statements.
- Window solutions for 1000 windows and in 800 different formats.
- Outward-opening Top-Hung windows and Turn-Only windows with S800 special hinge, gas pressure spring (for Top-Hung windows), automatically latching, locking opening restrictor controlled via the handle ALU-JET 10 with special corner-drive combined from UNI-JET, partially RC2.
- Outward-opening Turn-Only windows with S800 special hinge, automatically latching, locking opening restrictor controlled via the handle. ALU-JET 10 with special corner-drive combined from UNI-JET, as welle as special corner-drive for angles > 150°, partially RC2.
- Outward-opening Projecting Top-Hung windows, automatically latching, locking opening restrictor controlled via the handle. ALU-JET 10 and special corner-drive and special gear combined from UNI-JET, partially RC2.
- Specially designed window handle.