GU butyl sheet for structural sealing – internal use
The GU-Butyl sealing sheet is primarily used for bridging and sealing expansion joints of all kinds in window installation and façade construction.
GU butyl sealing sheet is available in 0.75 mm and 1.0 mm thicknesses and enables you, in accordance with DIN 4108, to make windows and façade connections durably air-tight and watertight or even impervious to water vapour, with the required permanent elasticity. When the German Energy Saving Ordinance (Energieeinsparverordnung, EnEV) came into force, it set even more stringent requirements in terms of sealing connecting joints in the building envelope.
These required values can also be tested at any time (blower door test).
- Material approved by EN 13859-2 and EN 14909
- Zero environmental impact
- Permanently flexible over a temperature range of -40 °C to +100 °C
- Resistant to aging, ozone and UV
- Compatible with bitumen
- Resistant to a wide range of chemical and mechanical effects
- Neutral behaviour with the majority of standard building materials
- No problems from plasticisers
- GU butyl sealing sheet (internal) and GU EPDM sealing sheet (external) are so well matched to one another in terms of resistance to water vapour diffusion that even testing climate conditions are reliably managed
- No additional mechanical fixing of the membranes is required (note the usage guidelines for the adhesive)
- Prefabricating corners and shaped parts or entire sections at the factory reduces processing times to a minimum and enables efficient, well priced and above all reliable sealing of all crucial locations
- Area of application: Separating indoor and outdoor environment
Do you have any questions? Contact us via email, we are happy to help: